Monday, May 10, 2010

Start your engines....

When I was a teenager I began watching NASCAR racing. (however, I am not the die hard fan that wears all the clothing and hats) Several years ago I was able to go to my first live NASCAR race at Daytona. I can still remember the words that everyone anticipates at a race. "Gentleman, start your engines!" You could hear the rumble of the cars and even feel the anticipation in the air! I couldn't wait until they got to the start/finish line that first time and see and feel and hear what was about to happen.

Now, I get to feel that feeling every day! No...I have not taken a position with a NASCAR team. What I am talking about is the feeling that we are experiencing at the Anchor Community Church. Everyday I get to work with the best of the best volunteers that could be assembled. Everyday I get to hear stories about God moving in peoples lives. Everyday I feel like I am standing at the start/finish line anticipating something BIG is about to happen.

Get ready Anchor Church....we are going for the ride of our lives!

No comments: