Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where in the World is Chuck?

The Journey....
The journey actually began long ago. Not to bore you with all those details, so here is a little recap.
I have been in church for as long as I can remember. To be honest, I don't think I was ever in a church that really got it right until we found this small church over in Rincon, GA. "Grace Community Church" The people were authentic, the music was great and the preaching was right to the heart of life.
It was there that I accepted a call to ministry...then I went to cemetery...I mean seminary. During that time I worked with a few churches that were full of great people. But the truth of the matter was...the churches sucked!

So out of that...God called my family and I to something. But what? God called me to be a missionary to Locust Grove, Ga and surrounding area of South Atlanta. Out of this calling I really felt like God was calling us to start a church...with not people, with no money, with no resources and no location to start in!

Once I knew the direction God was calling us I hit the ground running. And I hit it hard. Within a year we had started meeting in a small group atmosphere, then to worship. Then, we did it...we had our 1st service trying to build a larger launch team. Shortly after that we found a building, renovated it and kicked off our 1st REAL church service and the church was launched.

I remember Leigh and I laughing and crying and full of excitement every SUnday. New people would come while others that were visiting became regulars. In that 1st year we saw a ton of people came to know Christ and baptized a majority of them. We were doing it....we were actually fulfilling the vision that God had given us!

So....why is it that I found myself with my face in the floor begging God to release me from this, all of this?

No comments: